Thursday, September 10, 2009

You gotta go back to school....

Aubrey settles in to her very first desk!!! She, by the way, coordinates all her own outfits and hair accessories (she is my fashionista)!
Dad posing with his girls. I am so glad he helped me get them to school I needed someone to drive while I cried the whole way home.
I put up a pretty brave face about them going to school until I had to say good-bye.
The girls went back to school this year and I have to admit none of us was too exited about it. I think we just had too much fun playing and sleeping in all summer. Taylor started 3rd grade off with a bang and I am so thrilled for the amazing teacher she has this year (Aubrey's kindergarten teacher moved to the 3rd grade so we know her already and I know Taylor is going to have the best time in school). Aubrey started 1st grade and she was NOT excited about being gone all day. We both cried (although I waited until she was gone), but I will say she has blown me away with how well she has adjusted. She has a great teacher too, and I am so proud of how brave she is being about it. I am still getting used to the long days away from them and mourning the passing of an "era" in our house. I also look forward to the new changes in our home as we embark on this new routine but I know it will take me a while - I have had babies in the house for 8 years now. For those of you wondering what I am doing with my free time - I will let you know when I get it -hee hee. My mother-in-law had a full knee replacement and I am so thankful to have the time to help her out in this tough time of healing for her!

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Such grown up girls. Can't you push down their heads and make them stop growing? :) I have been thinking about you all week! Hope your 09/09/09 was special!!! -S

jody said...

they are getting so big.
i'm anxious to hear how your days go now that they are both gone all day. I can't even imagine having a quiet house! We should get together for lunch sometime. Haven't seen you for way too long!

Meg said...

They are so cute and look so excited for school! I'm sure they'll be super smart like their mom!

Patricia said...

I'm glad the school year has gotten off to such a great start.