Friday, July 11, 2008

A Belated 4th of July Entry

The red, white, and blue...
A little excited for the fireworks show... wow check out those GUMS!!

We had a really low key 4th of July this year as the summer flu hit our house during this time. We did have a nice time and got some of the traditions in though. We started off with the traditional 4th of July Pancakes - I will add the blackberries (the stars) and the raspberries (the stripes) were picked fresh from our garden. Does this count as a local meal - oh local meal judges??

5 comments:

Lili Dot said...

I have but one word to sum up your family. ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing the pix!

Meg said...

Sorry to hear abuot the flu! Nice work on the festive pancakes! They look yummy!

Sara K. said...

I was hoping we would see those tasty and patriotic pancakes on the menu this year! :) -S

Sara K. said...

Super local...you ROCK!!

Patricia said...

Tasty and patriotic! Sounds like a good 4th of July to me.

Nice going on the berries. Maybe next year I will plant some. I'm scheming for more land.