Friday, July 11, 2008

I am the Crazy Cat Lady...

Meet Lola,

Charlie,
and Missy!
Charlie helps Taylor recover from a summer flu bug!!
Let me explain. We have had a bit of cat craziness around here. On Mother's Day (fitting I think you could say) a stray mama cat decided to take up residence under the Idaho Girls' grandma's back porch. We opted to help Grandma out by catching all the kittens once they were old enough (that is a whole "nother" story in itself) and then find them homes. We, of course, fell in love with them all and named them in the process - Charlie and Lola (you may know this show if you have kids it is in my opinion one of the best cartoons around - not that you need to have kids to watch cartoons don't get me wrong on this point) and Missy. We found a great home for the girls (Lola and Missy) who were able to stay together, and Charlie wormed his way into our hearts and is now a part of our family. The mama cat we were able to finally catch, take her to the vet and get her spayed (Bob Barker would be proud), and she will be returned to Grandma's backyard until we can find her a better home (if possible). We did not have the heart to take her to the OVERFLOWING pound and all the no-kill shelters were busting at the seams too. It was quite an adventure let me tell you. We love Charlie, and have put a BIG CAP on NO more cats at our house (if you are counting we have 2 all indoor cats, 1 indoor/outdoor cat, and one completely outdoor cat) - yes that makes 4 and that makes me the crazy cat lady around the neighborhood. No surprise there for those of you who knew me as a kid. I don't want to end up on the news as an animal hoarder - I promise we are full up in this KITTY INN!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Um...I have done stories about the crazy cat lady and her animal hording...so please don't let do one on you!!! Next time I'm in town, I'd bring the benedryl with me to visit the cute Idaho Girls and their Crazy Cat Lady Mom!

Sara K. said...

SO cute! I have always loved your compassion for our feline friends (I recall a similar scenario in Moscow...but we couldn't keep any of those sweet babies (dorm rules)). So I say...not crazy, just compassionate! Something I love about you. Can't wait to meet Charlie in August! -S

Patricia said...

Though I think you are on the edge of crazy cat lady, I bet those cats are happy that you are.