Wednesday, July 22, 2009

AZ summers - not for the faint of heart...

2 very young grandparents and 4 crazy "grand" girls!!
Tim and the girls getting some R and R in the pool!!
The water slides...
Grandma - looking like a beauty queen (she did not want to mess her hair or make up) going down the tamer of the two slides.
A. the dare devil was the first grand child to brave the fast slide - it does not look that fast but it caused many an injury in the adults.



We just returned from a weeks stay in sunny AZ where temperatures ranged around 115 to 117 degrees. Yozaaa!!! It was smoking hot, but we did not mind as we lived in the pools down there. We have been nicknamed the Fish Family!! It was a great time and we had a blast with our cousins!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

WOW! That's hot! I thought it was hot in Seattle at 87 with no a/c! Glad you guys had fun!

Sara K. said...

I think this little flower would wilt in all that heat and sun! I would have to have on 185 spf sunscreen and a full body suit!

P & G look fabulous! Are they drinking from the fountain of youth there in AZ? (Be sure to tell them I said that so I can get my Vinnie points).

Looks like you had an amazing time. -S

Patricia said...

When it was above 90 for more than a week here, I remembered why I spent all the summers of my youth in the pool. Here, it is always cold and damp, even, seemingly in the summers, so I never feel like swimming, but last week it was all I wanted to do. Those pools look great.

Andy said...

So her hair prevented her from doing the preferred head-first plunge? Too bad Gary didn't have the same concern about his hair. Wow, just look at it . . .

Returned from Sutton Bay a week ago. Air and water both warm. Resort still open. An increasing number of picnic tables propped up by rocks. Your dock in disrepair (my daughter's leg went right through it!). But otherwise wonderful . . .