Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Highlights...

My favorite picture of the season!!
Grandma opens her gift from T.
Papa looking so young and full of joy on Christmas morning!
We were very blessed to have a memorable Christmas this year. I knew going to into this season that it would be a tough year for me and my family. We lost a beloved grandmother and friend this year so I expected many bittersweet moments in it all. I was most blessed by my children this year and the gifts they lavished on me and my family (some actual gifts homemade and bought from a store and some just pure gifts from their hearts). This year my grandmother gave me the idea of encouraging them to get to buy for others so I allowed them to do some extra work around the house to make a little money, and then I took them to the dollar store where I let them buy for whomever they wanted. That was such a funny experience it was hilarious to see what they picked out for everyone (and watch them whisper as they tried to buy for me without me knowing what they got), and I was most delighted when on Christmas morning they were so excited to give out the gifts! They insisted on everyone opening their gifts first and watched each of us so expectedly - it was worth far more than a dollar the gift they gave me this year!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

What a sweet Christmas! I just love the idea of the girls being excited to give mom a gift! How fun! And I love the picture of them in their matching robes! You know that's so Sara and I....

Patricia said...

I remember the Christmas I was more excited to give out gifts than to get them. I was a lot older than your girls. And I love their matching robes.

Sara K. said...

I am so glad that the day was so special!!! the girls in their robes is simply darling!!! Love them!!! -S