Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday!

The tradition of holding up our age for a photo op. has been around for a long time in my family. Cheesy I know - but I love it!
T. gets her first ever CD player. Whether I like it or not, she is growing up. She walks around the house all the time now - singing to her favorite High School Musical CD! I have to admit I even like the music - it is really bad, cheesy music but kind of catchy after you dull your mind and listen to it a few hundred times.
For those of you who know our parties, the look of this cake is very off! We have always had a Costco cake - always! BUT, this year T. informed me she does not like cake (shocking revelation to her mother who lives for the cake), and she would love a cheesecake. So don't fall out of your chairs, but I made a homemade cheesecake. It was actually pretty tasty. Of course, not all 7 and 8 year olds do cheesecake so I made cupcakes for them too!

4 comments:

lucky mama said...

LOVE IT!!!

Sara K. said...

How fun! Can't believe she's 7! No cake? Huh? How could she? JK! I love that she requested cheesecake - so refined! And it looks VERY yummy, way to go Mom! -S

Meg said...

Way to go Martha! The cheesecake looks lovely!! And I do love anything with Hello Kitty! You can tell T that I have a Hello Kitty toaster that toasts her face into your bread. I love it! And I especially love to pull it out for guests. It was sitting on the counter all the time until Matt finally asked if I could at least put it away when I'm not toasting.

Patricia said...

Mmmm. Cheesecake. And a Hello Kitty CD player. When I was seven my grandparents gave me $20.00 (a huge amount of money) and my mom let me buy a Hello Kitty tape dispenser. It was very, very cool.