Thursday, September 27, 2007

MOVE THAT BUS!!!

One of the many changes we made this summer to our 30 year-old home was to paint over the awful orange brick. It is hard to tell (I tried to get close), but we now have a brown brick (I call it mocha) house with a lighter brown for the house color and white trim(I call it almond color). Those of you who are color blind (eh hem Sara - i.e. it was a Jade Green dress) we may just have to agree to disagree on color names. BUT no matter what you call it I love it compared to what it was before! I had many people tell me not to do it - to not paint over the brick but my thought was "it can't get any worse." I now think of a cup of hot chocolate because that is what the colors together remind me of whenever I pull into my house - which is a big improvement to my prior thoughts of vomit orange!
The kitchen was one of our unplanned projects to pop up this summer (scroll down if you did not see the before pictures when we discovered the flood in July). This is the finished kitchen!! I am so excited to have it completed. I love it. At one point, we took out the entire ceiling in our kitchen (that was loads of fun in the heat of the summer) got rid of the old low-hanging ceiling and put in a modern lighting system. It truly was a huge blessing - although 2 months of not cooking got old in a hurry!
Harris's New kitchen angle two - the cabinets really did turn out beautiful - they are this wonderful sturdy hickory wood, and I am just thrilled with it!

4 comments:

Mangy Moose said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! I absolutely love it! Everything looks great! Way to be bold on the brick painting thing...it definitely was the right thing to do!!! Now, I hope you can relax for awhile!

Sara K. said...

Wow! It's like a whole new house! Even the -er -uh -latte colored brick and heavy cream colored trim on the front of the house (that dress was so turquoise...) looks FANTASTIC!!!!

And the kitchen...WOW! (again) It looks like a completely different place. The new lighting is so great! An the openness that new higher ceiling must give to the room - I bet its a treat to be cooking in such swanky new digs! I can't wait to see it in person (hopefully we will catch you in Boise over Christmas...). Any way you could throw in a closer look at the new floors?

I send HUGS your way! -S
PS-Angie has her baby...hit her blog for details.

Angie said...

I love the new kitchen. One day I will be able to design my own kitchen. Thanks for the comments about the baby. Her name is pronounced like Row-en. It is different but I thought it fit her the best. Angie

Meg said...

It's all so beautiful! I love the new hot chocolate color of the house! What a great feeling to get when you drive home instead of vomit orange! And the kitchen looks great! It was a big summer for you all - 10 yr. anniversay, house paining, kitchen remodel (my wedding...hee..hee..) and then the girls went off to school! It's the year of changes for you guys! All good one!