Sunday, December 19, 2010

December Part I

Although A. looks pretty chipper in this picture it pretty much sums up the last few weeks in our house as we battled a nasty flu all through Thanksgiving and then all caught colds that we may carry into Christmas. It seems like this is our year to catch everything - darn it!

T. was pretty excited to wear this (much too old for her in her mother's eyes) dress!! She was also celebrating finally feeling well after a few weeks of endless crud!!

Tim's family Christmas was celebrated a little early this year with some extra family that came to town and our impending trip to AZ for the holidays. If you look closely you will see Tim's mom is on a walker - read below for more details.
My favorite picture of A. lounging around and enjoying the first of two Christmases to come.

A rare family photo.

These two are in the cheesy smile phase of life.... grrrr getting a good picture is almost painful.

A. was in her last Christmas program as 2nd grade is the cut off for her school. I was sad to see my baby perform for the last time. I was also proud of her for pulling off a solo speaking part that she was so nervous to do, but did a great job in memorizing her lines.

I let the girls host their first Christmas party with friends. It was a little crazy having 9 girls running around the house but they seemed to have a great time!!

Once again as we enter the holidays, I am reminded of the real meaning of joy during this time. It has been a little bit stressful in our home these days. I always think of the girls' Bible lesson they brought home a few years ago defining joy - finding happiness even when things don't go your way. A few things have certainly not gone the way I planned this month that is for sure - as I mentioned we started with a bang on Thanksgiving with a nasty flu bug! This month has been filled with much fun as well though. The hardest part was Tim's mom took a fall a week ago and broke her hip. I know it certainly put a damper on her plans as well as ours for the season. But I am reminded that while it is stressful there is still so much we have to be thankful for - first and foremost my amazing husband and my beautiful (inside and out) girls. This will certainly be a Christmas to remember for our family for many reasons... Merry Christmas from our home to yours!








2 comments:

Sara K. said...

I read about the 'sick home' on facebook and was bummed that your Nov/Dec was filled with less than happy moments. I'm so glad that everyone is on the mend and can go soak up the sun with P and G! T looks so grown up in her fancy red dress! I love the family picture. You all look great! And a Christmas party sleep-over?!?! You are the best mom ever. Have a great trip to AZ - enjoy some time to relax and become a MM out in the sun!

Meg said...

What a lovely post! It made me a little misty...I love the quote defining joy - something I need these day! Have fun in AZ w/ your family! Hopefully we can talk soon!
xoxox