Saturday, November 15, 2008

A "LUCKY" Day

Our school had a fund raiser last night that we attended! We had a great time watching the movie Kung Fu Panda, and at the end there was a raffle drawing where you could win all kinds of fantastic prizes - a spa treatment, gift baskets to Hallmark... (So as not to confuse any reader - this next part is written in complete sarcasm): but the Idaho Girls won the most coveted prize (actually it was) by all the kids - this "GINORMOUS" bear! He reminds me of the stay puffed marshmallow monster from the Ghostbusters movie. We have named him Po (from Kung Fu Panda of course) Marshmallow Bear! Oh lucky luck us.... now where to put this Po???

10 comments:

Angie said...

That's one big bear. I bet the girls are loving it!

Sara K. said...

Funny, I was at our ATS auction last night! A visit to a movie and ice cream with me went for $110 (after the opening bid of 100 had to go down to 90 AND after my partners' 'spa day' went for $170). I bet they raised 4,000+ or more from the evening. I bid on nothing and did not come home with any such SPECIAL items to call my own. You had the chance at spa and you got bear? I can see your issues with this! -S

The Oberoi Girls said...

Seriously...who would rather have a spa treatment than a ginormous bear?

Ed said...

Oh, my goodness...you did not exagerate the size at all. I love seeing the girls...I miss them (and you guys tons). By the way, I don't want that bear being passed to our family...we only live in a 1600 sq/ft house. Love you!

m. schrieber said...

Gotta love those huge stuffed bears. Zach once won one of those at the annual festival in our home town. Once the novelty wore off (day or two) then what?? We couldn't even get rid of it at our garage sale for free.

Meg said...

Wow! What lucky girls! That's some bear!

jody said...

wow - "ginormous" is no exaggeration.
hmmmm, i'm trying to be jealous, but I think your house is bigger than mine :)
Hope those cute girls have tons of fun with Po!

Lili Dot said...

Do you know what? They are gonna feel like the coolest kids on the block for the next 10 years!

Patricia said...

Oh no! The bear too large to do anything with. Perhaps we can check in with him once per month to see where he is spending his time. At least Tim didn't spend $400.00 winning it for you at the fair.

Lili Dot said...

Hey there! I just saw that we're one of the blogs that you like to read. Will ditto! You are bookmarked both at home and at work.

Now post up some new pix soon of your adorable family. I want some new material!