Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Look Out Kindergarten - here she comes...

The day I have not been looking forward to is finally here. Sending A. off to kindergarten was not an easy thing for me to do. She did awesome with it (I expected more tears as she is pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing too), but I was the one who cried the whole way home after we dropped her off. She can't wait to go back again! Charlie had to sneak into the moment too. He seemed a little concerned about all this new activity and had to give each of the girls' new backpacks a thorough sniff.
A. gets her groove on before school - sister is already at school so might as well take advantage of the new CD player being unoccupied (the cats away the mouse will play)!
Wow - extreme close up! A self-portrait (to take a page out of Pike Schemes book) I wanted one of the two of us rocking out - "Getting Our Head in the Game" (this was the name of the song she wanted to listen to - very motivational for the first day of school I suppose).

6 comments:

lucky mama said...

so proud of you...I'm right there with ya! kids are growing up so fast...great pictures! :)

Sara K. said...

How can it be? Where does time go so quickly. It is very exciting for Miss A - and she looks simply fabulous as well! Perfect for her first day! -S

Angie said...

lots of stuff going on your way. looks like lots of fun with birthday parties and school. the boys started last week and lincoln starts all-day preschool today! i will only have 2 home. what will you do with your time. i hate to admit it, but i like the HSM music. it is cheesy but at least good.

Meg said...

What a big girl! I can't believe all the girls are off to school! I'm sure all you ladies will adapt just fine! They come from such a strong mamma - who studied like no one I ever knew in college!!!
Hugs to you all!

Lili Dot said...

Your blog makes me smile! Your girls are getting so big. I can't believe your youngest is in Kindergarten! What a big girl! Love all of the pictures.

I too love Costco cake. Then again, I never really met a fatty, sugary baked good that I didn't like!

Patricia said...

Go Kindergarten! Go April for getting her there! Go rocking out!