Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Toothless Wonder

Warning: this post is not for the faint of heart! If you get a little squeamish looking at raw, bloody gums you may want to skip this post! Here she is after #3 fell out.
The new smile with tooth #3 and #4 gone.
So we have had a visit from the tooth fairy the past 2 out of 3 nights. Taylor is once again going through a rash of teeth falling out of her head. She lost tooth #3 (in keeping count of the two she lost last summer) on Saturday, and tooth #4 (the first tooth on the top row to fall out) tonight. As you can see - her smile is undergoing a new look. She said she thinks she looks like a Jack-O-Lantern. You know as traumatic is she makes losing teeth (let me tell you there has been drama and constant tooth yanking going on for the last month) I seriously have very little memory of losing my own teeth. Not sure why!! Anyways, sorry if I made anyone feel a little queasy on these pictures.

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Anyway, that was not too gory! How fun for Miss T! I think the Jack-o-lantern looks is kind of fun, and quite the rite of passage! -S

Anyway, thanks for the comment and the email - I haven't replied yet because I want to give you a nice long reply. But I can say this, your words are VERY appreciated and welcome!!! Also, you should be getting a nice at letter quite soon - it might even have gotten there already!

Mangy Moose said...

Oh wow, Taylor! I love the new smile! I bet it's hard to eat an apple now, huh? Don't stop smiling for us, k? Losing two teeth is a lot of hard work so you better show off that beautiful smile!

Meg said...

Two teeth! How exciting! What is the going rate for a tooth these days?

Patricia said...

Kids losing teeth is one of my favorite things. I love their jack-o-lantern smiles.