Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday!

For those of you who may not know this - I am NOT a shopper so the LAST place you will find me is in a store on the busiest shopping day of the year. We opted this year to avoid crowds all together and headed to the hills with some friends to hunt for a Christmas tree. We were thrilled to not only find a tree, but also some snow to play in. We found a tree that was WAY too big for our house (seen here to give you an idea Tim is 6'5" and the tree is a good 4 feet taller than he is - never gonna fit), and opted to trade for a smaller one. It was a great time and very peaceful. The shopping will have to wait for another day for sure...

The girls posing in their Christmas jammies from last year in front of the finished tree product. It is actually not a bad tree ( a few Charlie Brownisms) for a live, fresh one!!

5 comments:

Sara K. said...

Looks like a great tree! I love that you went and cut it yourselves! What fun! And chasing down snow...even better! -S

Mangy Moose said...

There is nothing better than a live, fresh tree that you brought down from the mountain yourself. I am partial to Charlie Browns because it provides character. What a way to spend your weekend! I think we'll be waiting until next weekend to get ours. The girls look adorable, by the way.

Angie said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend. Now you are already for the Christmas season!

Meg said...

It looks like a great tree! And the two girls in front are the cutest ever! I just put my tree up too! But didn't head out the to great outdoors for it...just to my storage unit!

Patricia said...

I've always wanted to find a tree and cut it down. And there was snow! I miss snow this time of year, though none other. Great looking tree!